Candle Care 101
1. To prevent fire and serious injury, burn candle within sight.
2. Keep away from drafts and vibrations and out of reach of children and/or pets.
3. Trim the wick to ¼ inch before lighting to avoid carbon build up and soot. Allow the candle to cool before trimming or relighting.
4. Only burn the candle on a level, fire/heat resistant surface. Never burn on or near anything that can catch fire.
5. Do not burn for more than 4 hours at a time for optimal candle performance.
Cleaning & Repurposing Your Candle Jar
For safety reasons you should never burn a candle all the way down to the bottom, it is recommended to retire a candle once it has only 1/2" of wax remaining. Once you are ready to repurpose your candle jar, follow these instructions once the wax has fully cooled to remove the remaining wax from the container:
• Fill glass with approximately 1 inch of water
• Use a butter knife to carve an "X" into the remaining wax, then use your butter knife to follow the edge where the wax meets the glass
• Now that your wax is loosened up, use your butter knife to pry out remaining wax and pop wick tab out from the bottom - it is stuck in place using a wick sticker (water should help keep it all together for easy disposal)
• Use hot soapy water to get any remaining residue cleaned up, and you're ready to repurpose!
Use your jar for whatever you'd like! We recommend using them to hold trinkets, cotton swabs, bobby pins, hair ties, nail, screws or other small items.